My Etsy Shop

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A couple of years ago I bought this apatite from John Seibel at Tucson.  Tucson hosts the world's largest gem & mineral show each year starting in late January until the middle of February, if you count the Flagg Foundation mineral meet up and Quartzite the festivities start around January 6.  It is the pilgrimage, the Mecca for mineral, fossil and gem collectors and all of the associated fields of endeavor.

John Seibel told me that this location in Utah, near Cedar City, is still available to collect and that there are apatites just laying around on the ground.  He says what he has not found in all of his hunting is a lost location nearby which yielded some spectacular amethyst and apatite combo specimens.  Hopefully John S. is still out there hunting.  I guess I need to get back to Utah to dig around.




No comments:

Post a Comment